Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Thank you for spreading Awareness!



Carole and her family are dealing with their sadness in a very positive manner. Our prayers are with them during this difficult time.


One thing that was accomplished by Liver4carole was that we have provided awareness for transplants and how they can help save a life. I personally have, because of Carole, become an organ donor. I intend to be cremated when I die, so I asked myself why not take the few minutes that it takes and sign-up as a donor. Why? Because when I die a life could be saved! As far as my thoughts are concerned, what a wonderful gift to give to someone, when I'm gone. If one person reads this and donates their organs then so much will have been accomplished.


The funds that have been donated to Carole via Transplants.org will be utilized for her trip to Mayo and all of the testing, etc. that was provided for her during the evaluation process. Thank you to everyone who has donated or have passed the word about her in blogs and other social messaging systems. According to her daughter Carole was amazed at the outpouring of love shown by complete strangers to her. Personally, as the creator of Liver4carole, my belief in mankind has been renewed. One day, as I arrived at the office and checked my computer was a donation sent to my personal paypal for $100.00 to benefit Carole...as I burst into tears my coworkers were concerned at what had upset me. They were, not tears of sadness, instead they were the most instense tears of joy that I have displayed in a long time! Who would suspect that random acts of kindness would be so great, so caring and so intense from people who do not know Carole, her daughter, or myself.


If you make a decision to donate your organs you can read about how to designate such:


http://www.organdonor.gov/donor/index.htm



DONORS NEEDED NOW
The Shortage (Overview)
Each day, about 77 people receive organ transplants. However, 19 people die each day
waiting for transplants that can't take place because of the shortage of donated organs.



On a lighter note, we have winners in the "Spring to Action" contest! Congratulations go out to Wonderfullymade729 & Painter Mommy. Thanks for spreading awareness for Carole.

The world has proven to me, it's brightest light, love.

Susan Rosen

1 comment: